Friday 7 June 2013

wood and wisdom !!

 
so I was having a play around with my owl punch and thought I would do a couple of card designs using similar products and the same colour scheme to show how versatile the products can be. I went for neutral green and browns here as I think it works with the imagery and goes for either gender, (especially good for couples) but it would also work in other colours.
 
 
stamps: petite pairs, beyond plaid from stampin up!,wallpaper and wood from stampers anonymous tim holtz collection.
punches: scallop trim border, owl builder, large oval, scallop oval all from stampin up!
inks: brushed corduroy & peeled paint tim holtz distress ink pads, memento in rich cocoa.
other: big shot and sizzix circle and scallop circle dies
 
this is a 4x6 inch kraft card. I cut the aperture through the front of the card to reveal the owl inside, as I thought this would make a cute feature. I have added detail to the design with three little hearts from the owl builder punch. I cut all the pieces from digi cardstock, that I coloured and then stamped with the beyond plaid stamp set to make my own patterned paper.
 
inside
 
stamps: language of friendship
inks: tim holtz distress markers in brushed corduroy & peeled paint and ink pad in the brushed corduroy
 
I made this insert as I think it decorates the inside of the card nicely. its cute to see the owl peeping through the card, but I popped him on a branch so he wasn't just floating inside. I think it works well as there is still just enough room to write a message!!
 
 
stamps: made for you, French foliage, beyond plaid from stampin up!
punches: scallop trim border,owl builder from stampin up!
inks: brushed corduroy & peeled paint tim holtz distress ink pads, memento in rich cocoa.
other: big shot and sizzix circle and scallop circle dies, woodgrain embossing folder from stampin up! and some ribbon and twill.
 
this is a variation on the design, this time on a 6x6 card. the little water marks are stamped to create a subtle background. I embossed the wood, instead of stamping, to add texture. I then layered the owl on sizzix circles as a topper for the card. the border punches in green define the edges of the centre piece, with the ribbon and twill as a finishing touch. this one is a thankyou card, but of course you could change the sentiment depending on the occasion.
 
hope you found the ideas of how to vary a design useful (or just like the cards)
please let me know what you think to the new recipe inspired layout ... thought I would try something new.
comments welcome !!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment