Friday 28 February 2014

happy birthday honey...


stamps: sweet as honey from penny black, itty bitty banners from stampin up!
inks: archival ink pad (sepia), tim holtz ink pad (scattered straw, dried marigold, brushed corduroy, sakura (clear star) glitter pen
cardstock: craftwork cards digi cardstock, 6x4" card blank(trimmed slightly)
dies: hexagon hive thinlits die from stampin up! and sizzix plus big shot machine to cut it from sizzix
 
I chose a bee theme for this card, inspired by one of my new goodies... the hexagon hive !! I die cut my card and trimmed it to size, (I saved the hexagons it cuts out to layer on selected areas for a bit of added dimension.) I then stamped my little bees and water coloured them using my ink pad and a brush. I used my glitter pen to create a nice finish on the wings. i hand cut each of my bees out to allow me to bend them and stick them on for a 3D effect. the banner stamped with the sentiment was the final element i made before the card could be glued together for my take on the sketch.
 

 
Mx

2 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with hexagons! And the little bees are so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever use of this die - it works so well with the sketch! Fabulous card with cute little bees! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete