Monday 17 March 2014

mother's day !!

 
stamps: flower arranging from LOTV and wonderful mother from stampin up!
inks: promarkers, memento (tuxedo black) tim holtz distress ink pads (worn lipstick)
cardstock: 6x4 card blank, craftwork cards digi cardstock.
punches: x-cut corner rounder

I inked my card blank and added a matt with 2 rounded corners. I stamped the LOTV image using the memento ink pad and coloured it using promarkers. I then added the sentiment in the top corner. for the inside of the card, I cut another matt to fit rounding 2 of the corners to match the front. I inked the edges using the same tim holtz ink pad, then stamped the sentiment in the centre. I think it makes a sweet and simple card for mothers day!!

inside

mother's day
Mx
 
... underneath is my sisters card and her explanation of it x

blog takeover !!!!!


 
stamps: for my family, papillon potpourri, peaceful petals and so very grateful all from stampin up!
inks: promarkers, tim holtz distress ink pads (tumbled glass and shabby shutters), archival (aquamarine) and  memento (tuxedo black)
punches/ dies: bitty butterfly punch, bitty banners framelit, finishing touches and adorning accents edgelits all from stampin up! and a scallop circle framelit from sizzix (all used with the big shot)
cardstock: 5x5 card blank, petal fresh 8x8" paper pad from LOTV & nit wit and craftwork cards digi cardstock.

i'm not a really a crafter, so it normally takes an age to make a super simple card. this time, I was determined to do something that was pretty for mum and showed a bit more of the effort that went into it !! I chose the paper and matched my inks and promarkers to it. the card blank was inked with the blue outside and the green inside. I then die cut the edge to reveal a strip of the green from the front. I die cut another strip inked in green to create a border for the paper. the topper was stamped with the flower and coloured using the promarkers, then die cut into a scalloped circle. I stamped 'mum' in the bottom corner. I also stamped 2 butterflies onto cardstock then used the punch to cut them out. one butterfly was added to the front on a foam pad. the other butterfly was stuck inside along with the sentiments, one of which was stamped onto card and die cut into a banner shape, the other was stamped directly onto the card. it still took quite a while to do the card but i'm pretty pleased with it !!
 
inside

butterfly kisses
Ax

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful. Must admit I was looking all over for the butterfly on the first one :)
    I think it's really great when someone who doesn't often make cards takes the time and effort to do it. Have to say you have done it really well too Abbie. Your Mum is going to love it, no wonder you are proud of your achievement. Thanks for joining in with our 'Butterfly Kisses' at PFP this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your comment, I will be sure to show abbie later... im proud of her efforts (that's why I said she could share them) even if it did take just over 4 hours to make !! the smile on her face when she had finished was worth all the time and the mess ... Mx

      Delete
  2. Lovely creations both of them. Love the colours on the last one. Really lovely both of them. Thanks for playing along with our butterfly challenge at PFP. A new fun challenge is up now.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear me! That bunny is just TOO ADORABLE! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete