Thursday 16 October 2014

shake your booties !!

 
I didn't have a plan for this card so I am happy with how it turned out. I haven't done a shaker card in ages and now I know why... they are a bit messy and so hard to photograph!!
 
for this card I took a kraft card blank, (this is a 5x7 landscape.) I cut a mat out of a piece of kraft card and layered it with a piece of paper, from the lili of the valley country lady 8x8 paper pad. I added a piece of ribbon and tied it in a bow, over to one side, and glued the mat onto the card. I used a paper-piercing template and mat from stampin' up! to add some detail to the edges and a pattern across the bottom. next, I stamped a sentiment from the stampin' up! bring on the cake stamp set, using an archival coffee ink pad onto some co-ordinating paper. I then cut this out using a sizzix circle die. I took a third piece of paper from the pad and cut out a circle, using the size down in my circle set. I then glued acetate to the back of the paper before cutting out a bigger scallop circle (with the circle in the middle) to create a frame. to make the shaker I added foam tape all the way around the edge on the back of the acetate, being extra careful not to leave any gaps.  I put the pattern side down and added a bit of glitter a few sequins and a good amount of pinflair ice diamond to the centre. I stuck the stamped circle onto this, remembering to keep the patterned side down. I then turned it over and glued the shaker element onto my card. I finally stamped a magnolia image (tilda with rubber boots) on to craftwork cards digi cardstock, using memento ink and coloured her with promarkers. I cut her out to add to the side of my shaker, using tape on the overlap and foam on the rest to keep her level with the shaker.
 
Mx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment