Monday 13 August 2018

thankyou stars

  • SU!- so very much
  • Archival ‘jet black’ ink pad
  • Watercolour cardstock 
  • Tim holt distress ink pads/reinkers 
  • Pixie powders
  • Silver star sequin/ embellishments
To create my main panel, I brushed water on to a piece of water colour card. I squished the ink pad onto a palette and added some water. I used a big brush to pick up the colour and touch it to the wet cardstock. I added a small tap of coordinating pixie powders over the top to add shimmer. I left this to dry, removing excess water if necessary. You could use mica powders and reinkers to do this technique if you preferred. 
  
Once fully dry, I stamped the large sentiment stamp slightly off centre, then added the smaller phrase to the bottom corner. I cut the panel down to size and matt and layered onto some black cardstock. I glued this onto the front of my card blank.

The final touch was to add small star embellishments to the card, I think this helps balance the design and completes the sketch. I like how this card uses distress ink to create quite a soft and pretty finish.
 
 
Mx

I would like to enter:

2 comments:

  1. CAS perfection! I love the loosely watercolored background. The color choice is splendid! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete