Friday 1 November 2013

a get well gift ..


 
stamp: magnolia nurse tilde, stampin up! express yourself (hostess)
card: kraft card, twitterpated designer papers from stampin up!
inks: tim holtz distress ink (aged mahogany ), archival ink pad(coffee), memento (tuxedo black), promarkers (various).
 
instead of sending just a get well soon card for someone feeling under the weather this season, I thought I would share a nice little alternative with you... I have made a tissue holder gift card, which I think would be perfect for someone who is unwell, (especially if they are in hospital, as you are no longer allowed to send food or flowers!!)
 
 cut a piece of kraft card to 12x16.5cm and score at 6.5 and 10cm
using a 12.5cm x12cm piece of kraft card score along the longest length at 1,3.5,9 and 11.5cm. turn to score the base of the holder, which needs to be scored at 7.5 and 10cm. remove all necessary card to form the box shape, as seen above.
 line the card with paper sections, I did the outside of the card in 3 pieces, and a single sheet on the inside for a neater finish. don't forget to edge your paper in a matching colour ink (I used aged mahogany)!!
 
I added paper in a co-ordinating pattern in sections, to the box piece and applied red tape where needed ready to stick it in
 
I stamped and coloured the nurse image for the front. I also cut out a matt in the same paper as used on the box inside. you are then ready to assemble.

inside view with tissues
first, fix the box compartment inside using more tape, as seen above


 next, stamp your sentiment on the front,(you might want to do this before you glue the box compartment into the centre). then layer up  your die cut shape using flat adhesive (double sided tape) and add your character with a dimensional adhesive (I used silicone to give it more shape but you could use foam pads)
 
... and its ready to send to a friend in need of cheering up!!
Mx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment