Sunday 8 November 2015

a simple tree...

 
  • craftwork cards festive chalkboard kit
  • tree punch by SU!
  • ribbon
I took inspiration from the sketch challenge to create the layout for this card. I took a tag from the kit and trimmed it down and cut the square card blank down to a 6x4 to frame the tag nicely. I then used the tree punch to create the central shape in the tag. I tied some stitch detail ribbon through the hole in the tag before sticking it to my card. I finished it off with a seasonal banner sentiment across the front. For an extra special detail, you can add glitter or gems to the tree for that Christmas sparkle.
 
I think this makes for a nice simple card, perfect for when you have a long list of cards to make at Christmas time. Using the punches gives a creative twist on using a card kit to make it your own.
 
Id like to enter this card into the cas(e) this sketch! challenge #148
 
Mx

1 comment: