Saturday 23 November 2013

white christmas ...

 
stamps:joyful Christmas by stampin up!
inks: archival (blue violet)
cardstock: craftworkcards digi cardstock, pearlescent paper, 6x6 card blank
dies: window frames collection framelits from stampin up! and the big shot from sizzix
extras: stamposaurus stencils (snowflake design), dreamweaver stencil embossing paste (white), marks & spencer Christmas ribbon (silver) & adhesive gems

 since the ribbon girl challenge this month was white, I decided to go for a simple design, layering different textures and sparkles for a sophisticated look. I spread texture paste over a snowflake stencil, allowed it to dry then die cut the card into a shape. I cut further layers of pearl and white card using the smaller dies in the same shape. I stamped the sentiment onto the top layer. the embossed piece was then stuck onto a further sheet of pearl paper. I tucked the ribbon under the backing matt, before sticking onto the card to give a professional, clean finish. the other layers were then added over the ribbon using foam pads to add further dimension. I finished off the design with some adhesive gems in the corners for that extra Christmas sparkle.

 
 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/november-colour-challenge.html
 
Mx (with a little help from mum, as I struggle with the all white look)

No comments:

Post a Comment