Wednesday 27 June 2018

sew lovely

 
  • lawn fawn: sew lovely stamp set, zig zag rectangle stackables
  • SU!: bloomin' marvellous stamp set, soft suede & early espresso ink pads and oval, scallop oval & banner punches
  • at you spica glitter pens
  • white card and small paper scraps

 I die cut two pieces of card using the zig zag stackables for interest. On the first piece I stamped spools of thread all over to create a background. I used glitter pens to add colour and detail. On the second piece I stamped a button in the bottom corner and highlighted with the coloured glitter, leaving space to write.
I stamped my sentiment and cut it out using the oval punch. I used a scallop oval punch and a piece of coloured card to make a mat. I found coordinating patterned papers and punched into banners. I layered all of these together and positioned onto my spool background. To complete my note cards/ postcards, I glued the panels together back to back.
I think these are simple but a cute alternative to a card, although it would easily be recreated as a card front and insert. These are sewing themed (see more below) but you could use this idea for all themes by changing the stamps used.
Mx 
the back with button detail and space to write the message


No comments:

Post a Comment