Sunday 13 August 2017

pretty peacocks

  • hunkydory especially for her luxury card collection: 'pretty peacock'
  • hunkydory little book of especially for her
  • teal & silver mirri card
  • a sheet of hunkydory cardstock I had spare from another set
  • my favourite things: stitched rectangle scallop edge frames die set
  • 7x7", 5x7" & 3 A5 card blanks

For this 7" square card, I cut the background to fit the card blank with a matt of teal mirri card, trimming off the top border. I then positioned the topper in the centre of the top section. I placed the message on the border beneath the topper. I completed the card with a trimmed down matching insert, which I will later stamp with a sentiment.
 
inside
 
For the 5x7" card, I used the remaining cardstock to matt directly onto the card blank. I then die cut a frame from teal mirri card. I trimmed down a page from the little book to sit inside the frame and glued these onto the card. I cut down the insert to decorate the inside with an image and sentiment.
 
inside
 
For the first A5 card, I used half a sheet of cardstock and positioned an image and sentiment topper on using foam. Again, I added a section of insert inside ready to add a message onto. 

inside
 
For this A5 card, I trimmed the image from the remainder of the card above to use as a topper. I framed this with die cut teal mirri card. I used more mirri card to matt onto the card blank before adding a sheet of coordinating cardstock. I glued down the topper and completed the design with a sentiment border across the bottom.  The insert used the same image along with a message to finish off the inside of the card.
 
inside
 
The last A5 card used the rest of the coordinating cardstock along with a page from the little book. I simply matted each onto silver mirri and glued to the card blank. I completed the inside with an insert which echoed the borders on the topper image.
 
inside
 I love the pretty images in this collection, so I was pleased to make five good sized cards to make the most of it by adding a few extra bits from my stash.
 
I would like to enter the following challenge:
 
Mx

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are so pretty and the peacock is gorgeous. Love them all. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete