Sunday 13 October 2013

simple spooks!!

 
stamps: wacky wishes, jack of all trades & positively chevron from stamping up!
inks: archival ink pad (jet black), tim holtz distress (seedless preserves, spiced marmalade & shabby shutters)
cardstock: black plus a 6x4 card blank, craftwork cards digi cardstock
 
well I thought I would do the fab Friday challenge, even though I don't have the stampin up! ink pads I think I did a pretty good job at matching up the colour palette with the distress line.
I kept the card quite simple, keeping the pumpkin as the main focal point. the background was inked with distress then stamped using the large chevron pattern. I added the happy halloween in black to tie it in with the card and matt.
 
 keeping things simple, by letting the colours and patterns pop, gives the card a more funky, grown up edge for Halloween.
 

 
Mx

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the distressed look of the chevron on your background paper! And you colors look awesome to me! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I love the distressed chevron look you've made. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chevron background makes this card extra fun! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete