Sunday 1 March 2015

made in monochrome...

 
  • white and black plain card
  • SU! 'summer afternoon' and 'crazy about you' stamps
  • SU! 'hello you' thinlits dies
  • SU! 'whisper white' ink pad
 I thought the strong sentiment in the sketch would work well with a bold monochromatic colour scheme. I cut a black mat to fit my white card blank. I stamped the image in white in the bottom corner. I then die cut the 'happy' sentiment and added this to the card with the 'birthday' stamped just below. I think the simplicity of this card is quite effective.
 
sketch #112
Mx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the black and white layered over the text patterned paper! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your monochromatic take on the sketch! Great chalkboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the lovely comments Mx

    ReplyDelete