Monday 13 January 2014

sympathy silhouettes


stamps: love & sympathy, just believe from stampin up!
inks: archival ( jet black & watering can) ink pad, tim holtz (tumbled glass, broken china & black soot) ink pads
cardstock: craftwork cards digi cardstock, 4x6" card blank

I masked off the bottom of my card blank (I used washi tape but you can use low tack masking). I stamped the larger foliage design in black, followed by the smaller foliage design in grey ink to complete a panel across the card. I then inked the card using distress and a blending tool, leaving the washi tape in place for a crisp edge to the panel. I started with the lightest colour, building up and adding darker shades along the masking lines until I achieved the desired look. I then added my sentiment by stamping it onto digi card and layering onto a simple mat I coloured black.
 
 
Mx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card & lovely sentiment. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on Jen's sketch! Gorgeous job of masking and great use of this stamp set! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete