Wednesday 10 September 2014

off the page crafting !!

since I haven't been blogging much whilst we have had builders in at home, I thought I would share what I have been doing. I haven't been able to craft much, so I kept busy with some upcycling and home décor projects ...


 I bought this chest of drawers and a matching dressing table (I forgot the take a 'before' picture of that). although it was painted a lovely grey colour, it didn't match the colour scheme for my bedroom. I decided to paint it using autentico chalk paint in rose, finished using their clear wax sealer. the paint went on easy and the furniture needed very little prep, just be aware that it does dry very quickly!! this is how they turned out...



i had been wanting my granddad's old bedside cabinet, so I asked my nana if I could have it... it took a little persuading but she gave me it with pleasure in the end. I sanded it down as there were a few little chips (which I fillered) and it had a polished surface.  I then painted it to match and added a matching knob. I also lined the shelf and cupboard using some pretty wallpaper. I think it looks great now and means so much more because it was my granddad's...

after sanding


after painting
I had bought some vintage lace cheap from an antiques fair, that my dad took us too. I used it as a simple way to add detail to a pair of old bedside lamps. I marked in pencil where I wanted my trim to be and used fabric glue to stick the lace on to them ...


before


after

 I also did the same to a cream lamp shade (from argos).


I'm pretty pleased with how my upcycling has turned out, adding some crafty touches to my new room. I must say a big thank you to my dad for helping me with my projects. I hope you have been inspired to have fun customizing some pieces too!!

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment