Friday 6 September 2013

a little bit of sunshine



 
stamps: sunflowers stamp, set 10 A5 verses and set 26 simply sophisticated sentiments all from LOTV and vintage script clear stamp from creata
inks: archival coffee ink pad and  tim holtz (antique linen, brushed corduroy, walnut stain, scattered straw, mustard seed, peeled paint and shabby shutters) distress ink pads and markers
other: sizzix ornate label #3 framelets die, sakura glaze pen, paper mania ribbon and lace remnant

 
I couldn't wait to try my new a5 background stamp and thought it would look perfect with the lili of the valley sunflower stamp. I choose to colour the stamped image using the distress markers (to watercolour with) to give a softer look, a distressed background in yellow and brown tones to match completes the look. I added finishing touches by tearing the bottom edge and layered ribbon and lace in contrasting colours.

I also made an inside panel to give a more professional feel. I inked/distressed with the linen & brown tones and tore the bottom edge to match the outside of the card. I added a few little bees using only a small piece of the focal image (remember to only ink the bit of the stamp you want and make sure the stamp is clean before you start) finish by adding your sentiment stamps.

 
'ribbon and lace'

hope you like the card, if so feel free to leave a comment (I've recently sorted out my settings to make this easier for you so fingers crossed it works !!) thanks
Mx

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey,

    Such a lovely card! I love that you've used two different sentiments together and the bees are such a lovely touch!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge.

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comments!! I love bees so I couldn't resist a few extra... plus they were the perfect final details to the card. Mx

    ReplyDelete