Tuesday 27 September 2016

friendly butterfly

front




reverse

  • Heart shaped MDF blank
  • tim holtz tissue wrap- terminology
  • Claudine hellmuth studio paints and brushes
  • stampendous- jumbo butterfly trio
  • dreamees sentiment stamp
  • some lilac ribbon
I created this door hanger by covering the mdf shape with the tissue using ranger matt medium. I then painted a layer of cream over the tissue and sponged some lilac paint around the edges. I stamped the sentiment and images with archival ink. I then painted the butterflies in lilac. I relined all of the black lines, with black paint for a crisp bold image. The final touch was some ribbon tied in a bow on either side with a loop to act as the hanger. 
 
Mx
 
I would like to enter the following challenge:
 


1 comment:

  1. What a SWEET door hanger! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Gift It” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete