- my favourite things- magical dragons (stamps & dies)
- SU!- made for you
- mama elephant- landscape trio dies (before starting this card, i used the cloud die and some template plastic to make a mask)
- tattered lace- circle dies
- tim holtz 'tumbled glass & broken china' ditress ink pads
- memento 'tuxedo black' ink pad
- copics- V17,15,12. Y38,35. YG25,23,21. RV14,13. E42,41. C00,1. 0.
- sakura micron '01' pen
- white funky foam
- white cardstock
I cut a piece of cardstock slightly smaller than my card blank to form a matt. I created a sky background using shades of blue ink and a mask (I created my own mask using the landscape die to form the clouds). I arranged 4 different sized circle dies according to the sketch and die cut them from the matt. I edged each aperture on the matt using a micron pen to create faux stitching. I also stamped a sentiment in the bottom corner of the matt, following the sketch. I temporarily placed my matt onto the card blank, then glued each cut out circle down onto the card blank in its original position. I removed the matt from the card blank and prepared my images.
I stamped, coloured and die cut my dragon images. Since you only see the top half of the dragon and the rest is trimmed off to fit neatly behind the apertures, I only coloured the areas which would be seen. I used the 0 copic marker to add texture/ scales to the dragons. On the reverse of the sky matt, I glued each dragon behind a circle so they were peaking through. I added funky foam (you could use foam tape instead) to the entire back of the matt, then glued in position on my card blank, ensuring all the circles lined up.
Challenges i would like to enter: