Wednesday 15 November 2017

Christmas is coming...

  • Hunkydory Christmas classics luxury card collection: Christmas is coming...
  • Hunkydory second little book of Christmas
  • Hunkydory essential book of Christmas sentiments
  • gold mirri card
  • gold ribbon
  • A5, DL, 6x6" & 6x4" portrait and landscape white card blanks

For this A5 card, I used a little book image to create a nice big topper. I simply matted the page onto gold mirri and covered the card front with the cardstock. I then glued the topper in the centre with an essential book sentiment beneath, raised up on foam pads. I trimmed the coordinating insert down to finish the inside.
inside

With the 6" square card, I cut off the top border and turned the remaining cardstock around so the border ran vertical. I mat and layered this onto gold mirri to fill the card front. I then arranged the topper and coordinating tag from the collection onto the card. I glued the topper flat, raised the tag on foam and finished with a gold ribbon bow. The remainder of the insert sheet was trimmed down, so the inside of the card matched the backing paper on the front.
inside
 
Using the other sheet of cardstock, I created this DL card to make a feature of the printed image. I simply cut the cardstock down to fill the card front and finished with the coordinating 'north pole' sentiment glued down with foam pads. I trimmed the sentiment section of the insert down to fit inside.
inside

I switched the vertical stripes of the cardstock to horizontal to work with the oval topper in the collection. I simply cut the cardstock to fit the 6x4" card front. I then added the image and sentiment toppers into place, again using foam for dimension.

For the final card, I pieced the front with the striped card and the cut off border from the first sheet. I edged the border with gold mirri card to create a neat finish. I then positioned the little train topper alongside a sentiment from the essential book to complete the card.

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment