Thursday 1 June 2017

flamingo fun!


  • Hunkydory toppers, cardstock and inserts: tots 2 teens card collection 'flamingo fun!'
  • Hunkydory little book
  • gold mirri cardstock
  •  7" x 7", pink pearl 5" x 7", white 5" x 7", pink 6" x 4" & white landscape 6" x 4" card blanks

 I wanted to make the most of this fun and colourful set, to create as many simple but effective cards as possible. With the added extra of one sheet out of the little book, I made 5 cards to leave just a few offcuts of paper and tiny toppers.

I created this 7" square card using the largest topper, incorporating the coordinating panel on the cardstock. I cut mirri card to fit the card blank. I then trimmed the paper to size, ensuring the bottom panel of pattern would sit below the topper on the card front. I then glued the layers in place, with the topper centralised on the pink using foam for dimension and the smaller sentiment topper offset to the right, positioned along the border on the background.

I used the off cut of patterned cardstock from the card above to create this simple 6" x 4" card. I simply cut the cardstock to fit the front of the card blank, then added the topper and smaller sentiment following the same layout.

inside
For this 6 x 4" card, I followed a similar layout to the other cards, with the main topper and offset sentiment, only this time the backing panel was rotated. I cut the cardstock to fit landscape on the card front. I then layered the toppers on using foam pads. I finished the inside of the card off with the coordinating insert.



inside
With this 5 x 7" card, I used the printed image from a sheet of backing cardstock as the focal image. I trimmed the image to size with a matt of mirri cardstock for the front. I then embellished with a colourful sentiment in the top corner. I trimmed down an insert and glued this inside to complete the card.  


inside
For this final card, I simply matt and layered a sheet from the little book onto mirri card and glued flat on the front of a pink pearl card blank. I completed with a cut down insert to finish the inside nicely too.
Mx



No comments:

Post a Comment