Monday 12 June 2017

Out of space...


  • Kirsty Wiseman - terrestrial friends
  • Neenahclassic crest cardstock
  • Copics-G46,24,21.YG61. R24,27,29. B14,16,18. A selection of Course marker's
  • Watercolour cardstock
  • Tim holtz distress inks- fossilized amber, blue print sketch, candied apple, chipped sapphire, black spot & hickory smoked
  • White paint
  • My favourite things- brush stroke birthday greeting dies
  • Tim holtz polkadot stencil
I cut a piece of watercolour cardstock to create my space background. I inked the cardstock using the brighter colours randomly spread to fully cover the cardstock. I then added the darker ink over the top to again cover the card. For the stars, I watered down some white acrylic paint and flicked this on to create a fine splattering over the ground. Once dry, I trimmed the background down into two panels to fit the card blank. I then stamped, coloured and fussy cut the rocket from Neenah cardstock. I also die cut a sentiment from watercolour cardstock. To soften the white, I added light patches of ink using the blending tool, then used the dotty stencil to produce a crater effect over the top. I glued the background onto the card blank using double sided tape. I then added the sentiment using liquid glue, and finally positioned the rocket on foam pads to complete the sketch.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
case this sketch #225
Simon Wednesday says: make it masculine
Mx

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic galaxy background and love the little guy peeking.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete