Thursday 8 December 2016

letter rack...




  • mdf blank
  • ranger studio paint- traditional tan & stable brown
  • ranger glue n' seal - matt
  • tim holtz tissue wrap
  • golden gel medium -matt finish
  • adhesive backed felt pads
I made this letter rack using an mdf blank coated with some cream paint. I selected tissue wrap to cover the outer faces of the rack. I cut the pieces roughly into shape and glued them into place, sanding the edges once dry for a neat finish. I then coated the box with another layer of cream, to dull the print of the tissue giving a much softer look. I finished the edges using a small amount of brown paint applied with a sponge. This creates a distressed vintage feel to enhance the paper print. To seal the piece, I coated it with the gel medium. I added felt pads to the base to prevent the rack from scratching work surfaces.
 
  • Kraft & cream cardstock
  • SU! skinny mini alphabet stamp set
  • archival ink pad - sepia
  • red lining tape
  • acetate
As this one was made as a gift, I also created customised packaging using Kraft card. I made the box the perfect size to hold the letter rack snugly and provide some protection from knocks. The window of acetate provides a sneaky peek at what's inside, with the lettering on the band to let you know what it is. I think it provides a professional finish, with that extra attention to detail that makes it feel crafted rather than just 'homemade'... as well as making it easier to wrap up for Christmas !!
 
I would like to enter the following challenge:
 
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment