Friday 15 December 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

  • Hunkydory snowy season luxury card collection: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
  • Hunkydory little book of snowy scenes
  • Hunkydory essential book of Christmas sentiments
  • Hunkydory cardstock (offcuts from the other collections)
  • Hunkydory adorable scorable cardstock
  • silver mirri card
  • mama elephant union square creative cuts die
  • sizzix scallop square framelits die
  • white ribbon & bakers twine
  • A5, 7x7", 5x7"  6x6", 5x5" & 6x4" white card blanks

For the 7" square card, I mat and layered the card front with silver mirri card and the cardstock with the border feature. I added the tree topper to the main section of the cardstock and angled the essential book sentiment tag on top. The tag was raised on foam and embellished with a knot of ribbon. I cut the insert down so the inside coordinated with the background card on the front.
inside
I designed this A5 card using the large snow globe topper with some  other cardstock I found, to allow the image to stand out. I chose the adorable scorable cardstock to match the off cut of swirls cardstock, (from another collection) which I though complimented the colours in the topper. I cut the panels of cardstock to fit the card front, edging the swirls border with silver mirri to create a neat join. I positioned the image and sentiment toppers onto the card, using foam pads for dimension.
For this little 6x4" card, I made a feature of the printed image on the cardstock from this collection. I simply trimmed the cardstock to size, so it would fill the card front. I then wrapped the bakers twine around and secured at the back, before gluing down. I tied the twine in a bow and finished with the essential book sentiment placed off centre across the twine. I added the matching insert, cut to fit inside.
inside

I made this 5x7" card with the remaining printed scene cardstock in this collection. I found a little book image where the scene on the page matched the background cardstock. I simply matted the page onto silver mirri card to create a topper. I glued this to the card front, which I had covered with the cardstock. Again, I trimmed the coordinating insert down to fit inside the card, this time featuring the printed sentiment.
inside
I also created this cute little 5" square card using a little book page and the remaining cardstock from this set. I covered the card front with the snowflake cardstock. I die cut a frame from silver mirri card, then cut the little book page to sit neatly inside. I glued these onto the card flat, making a card which is perfect for posting! I finished the inside with the printed sentiment section of the insert, die cut to create a scalloped edge square to compliment the front.
inside
With this final topper, I felt that the colours of the little girls outfit didn't really suit the cardstock in the collection. I therefore made this 6x6" card using some patterned cardstock I had remaining from a previous hunky-dory Christmas set. I mat and layered the cardstock onto silver mirri for the card front. I then positioned the image and sentiment toppers on, using foam pads for dimension.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment