Wednesday 22 November 2017

Deer winter wishes

  • Hunkydory snowy season luxury card collection: Deer winter wishes
  • silver mirri card
  • A5, DL, 5x7" & 5x5" white card blanks


For the A5 card, I mat and layered one half of the cardstock on silver mirri to fill the card front. I then simply added the image topper offset on the card, using foam for dimension. I trimmed down the insert to have the matching image inside with the printed sentiment.
inside

I cut the other end of the cardstock down to make this DL card. I mat and layered the tree image onto silver mirri and glued to the card front. I finished with one of the long thin toppers on foam pads. Again, I trimmed the matching insert piece down to fit inside.
inside

I used a section of the other printed cardstock in the collection to create this 5x7" card. I carefully cut the cardstock down to fill the card front, with the border running across the bottom of the card. I then added the image central to the main section of the card, with the sentiment overlapping the border edge. I added the coordinating insert to the inside of the card.
inside

 For the first 6" square card, I made a feature of the decorative borders to enhance this topper. I began with the inside of the card, with a cut off border on the outer edge of the card, alongside a section of the insert. I cut away a reveal, then added the cardstock with the border to cover the remaining card front. I finished with the image and sentiment toppers on foam pads, leaving the gap for the sentiment to overhang the card front.
inside

For the final card, I pieced together the offcuts as a background. I covered the join between the cardstock with the coordinating border strip. To complete the card, I added the sentiment topper to one side of the border and centred the image topper on the other section, both raised on foam pads.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment