Tuesday 7 March 2017

Happy hedgehogs


  • My favourite things- happy hedgehogs (stamps & dies)
  • My favourite things- stitch rectangle scallop edge frame
  • SU!- crazy about you
  • SU!- dots for days
  • Tim holtz 'fossilized amber's distress ink pad
  • Memento'tuxedo black'ink pad
  • Neenahclassic crest cardstock
  • Copics-E41,42,43,44,47,59. E35,37,39. YG63,67.
  • Kraft cardstock
  • Sakura 'clear star' glitter pen
I stamped a portion of the dot background stamp at the folded card edge, then blended some amber ink over the front of the card blank with darker colour concentrated over the dots. I diecut a Kraft card frame and glued this onto the card front. I stamped, coloured and diecut the hedgehogs. To create the extended log, I inked up the stamp but not right to the end and stamped. Next, I masked off most of that log, inked up the stamp again leaving the end, lined it up with open mid section of the log and stamped again. I then coloured the log with copics and diecut. To diecut this, I lined it up and taped in place leaving one end hanging off the edge of the plate and run through the diecut machine. I repeated this for the other side. Using foam tape for dimension, I glued the log and hedgehogs in place. To finish I added glitter pen to the sentiment.
inside
For the inside of the card, I diecut a smaller Kraft frame and glued to the inside. I stamped coloured and diecut a little hedgehog to sit above the sentiment. For the sentiment, I stamped with two colours by first inking the smaller part of the sentiment in yellow, then adding black ink to the larger part of the sentiment, (using the edge of the ink to get it neat and in just the right places). Another option would involve some stamp surgery to carefully cut apart the stamp, which makes it easier to stamp both pieces separately in different coloured inks. Beware though, as you must be careful not to damage your stamp when cutting and need to ensure the sentiment lines up again on the page when stamping!
Mx

Challenge i would like to enter:
Simon 'monday' says - " make your own background"

1 comment:

  1. Some mother is going to be very happy to get this adorable card! Love the surprise inside!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete