Tuesday 24 October 2017

driving home for Christmas

  • Hunkydory snowy season luxury card collection: driving home for Christmas
  • Hunkydory essential book of Christmas sentiments
  • A5 landscape & 6x6" card blanks
I created this landscape A5 card using the large topper from the collection. I cut the patterned cardstock in half and removed the snowy border. I then cut the striped border from the remaining half a sheet of cardstock. I added the main piece of cardstock to the front of the card and trimmed off the end of the card blank to reveal the inside of the card. I then added the other matching border inside the card, to sit neatly in the reveal. I used half of the decoupage layers on foam to add dimension to the topper. To complete the card front, I simply positioned the topper image along with an essential book sentiment raised up on foam pads.
For the second card, I made a feature of the printed image on the cardstock. I trimmed down the cardstock to fit the front of a 6" square card. I then layered on the coordinating border across the top, raised on foam. I also layered the car with the remaining decoupage pieces to give this dimension and mirri accents. I completed the card with the sentiment topper from the set in the space above the car and the insert trimmed to fit inside.
inside
I felt the best use of the toppers in this decoupage style collection was to make two nice cards. I still have a full sheet of cardstock left over from this collection, which I will use later with either the little book images or some extra toppers from other collections.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment